1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Kerri. I was born in Trinidad and live in the Spice Isle Grenada.
2. What is your hair type?
I would have to say 4C mostly as it varies between the front and the back.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I first went natural in 2009, I had bra strap length locs then I cut it all off and remained natural. I was tired of chemicals and I wanted to get to know my hair.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Probably styling, as I am not that good with plaiting, so my biggest challenge has to be styling and to a lesser degree product availability.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Co-wash and treatment (usually DIY homemade treatment), and twist.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I try to maintain the same style for the entire week, so on average it's spritzing with my oil mixture and some eco styler gel to tame the frizz.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Apply some moisturizer and tie with a silk scarf.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I have used heat before but I don't like the waiting game of my hair returning all coily, so I don't intend to again!
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes I do braids as a protective style, no more than twice a year. Doing this more frequently wreaks havoc on my edges.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I used to use a wide-tooth comb before but was recently gifted a Denman brush and I intend to stick with it.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I am not a big fan of protective styles, and prefer to wear my hair loose. However, I do use protective styles when my hair needs a rest.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
OH YES!!! I colored my hair and I don't know if the color was not applied properly or if I did not treat it enough or what exactly, but my hair started breaking terribly. To remedy the situation.... I did BIG CHOP # 2.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Learn your hair and what works for YOU. Develop your own regime and stick to it.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.