1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Keyera Mitchell and I'm from Phoenix, Arizona.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is 3C
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I have been natural most of my life. I got ONE relaxer my Freshman year of high school. I have been natural 19 out of the 20 years I have been living.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing about going natural is finding the right products for your hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
My weekly regimen consists of shampooing my hair 3 times a week, hot oil treatments once a week, and a deep conditioner once a week.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
My morning regimen consists of misting my hair with water and touching up my hair with product and finger stretching my curls if needed.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
My nightly regimen is very simple. I sleep on a satin pillowcase, so I can wake up in the morning and go like Caucasian and Hispanic women!
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I do NOT use heat on my hair! I am on the no heat challenge that I started in October 2013 and it ends this upcoming October. It has made such a difference with my hair that I will continue not using heat on my hair.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I don't braid my hair at all I do not like the tension on my hair and the breakage that follows with it.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide-toothed comb all the way. I don't know what I'd do without it.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I leave my hair naturally-loose and hanging. I rock my afro with lots of pride.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
My hair tragedy was getting a relaxer in high school. My curl pattern changed tremendously! I had loose, tight, and wavy curls. It looked awful. I cut my ends every two weeks and started from scratch. To make my curl type look the same I started finger coiling my hair and my hair looked a lot better. I looked like a black Shirley Temple I loved it.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
My biggest tip for maintaining healthy hair is to use natural or organic products to prevent dryness, breakage, and damaged ends.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Comments are closed.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.