1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Kristel. I am from St Lucia
2. What is your hair type?
I'd say 4a
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
Two years ago. I wanted a change.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Cutting my relaxed ends was hard for me. It meant that I wouldn't have long hair. Once I cut it off I got over it.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wash every week. I wash my hair in sections. I two strand twist while my hair is still damp with Shea butter. And let it air dry. If I'm press for time I'll add leave in conditioner and pull my hair back into a ponytail using Eco styler gel for a smoother look.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Very simple. I remove my bonnet and fluff.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Add some Shea butter and throw on a bonnet.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes but not often. I'll use heat to stretch my hair. If I need a trim I straighten my hair.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Only for braid outs.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
It's normally loose however I've been wearing my hair in buns recently.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
The first time I got a Dominican blow out my hair texture changed. It became easier to maintain but I did not like it. It wasn't as fluffy. My hair was in shock. I got a shaping/haircut.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Keep it moisturized!!!!
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.