1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Krystle and I am from Chicago, IL.
2. What is your hair type?
I have mostly 4b curls.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural in September of 2010. I was no longer in love with my hair and it became a struggle to maintain healthy relaxed hair. My scalp started to really react to the relaxers at that time so I made the decision to big chop on September 26th, 2010.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Finding the right products to work for my curls.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I clarify once a week using ACV on Mondays. I deep condition for 30-45 mins, rinse and shingle my curls to define my wash-n-go.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Because I shingle my curls, I get great multiple day hair so all I do in the morning is spritz my curls with water and apply a little gel on my edges.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
At night I like to lightly spritz my curls with water before going to bed to give them a dose of hydration and I sleep with a satin bonnet to protect my curls.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Only when I lightly defuse my wash-n-go for more volume.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I usually wear protective braids once a year.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Consistency! Over the past four years I have learned that a consistent regimen equals healthy happy hair.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.