1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is LaPorcha and I am from Louisiana but currently living in Tennessee.
2. What is your hair type?
I'm not into hair typing, but I've been told my hair is 4A.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural in April 2013. I simply got tired of buying relaxers and burning my scalp. Also, I was just really bored with my straight hair. Although it was long (MBL) there just wasn't much I could do with it.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Transitioning and getting the looks and comments from people who don't like natural hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I Co-Wash at least once a week, deep condition and style my hair. I usually have a twistout, but recently I've had LOTS of success with wash and go's so those have been my go to styles.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I spritz my hair with a little water, shake and go (if I have a wash and go). With a twist out I take the bands out and fluff and go. Simple, right? :)
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I band my hair at night, and I sleep with a satin bonnet. Sometimes I'll re-twist, but a lot of the time I don't.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I have used heat on my hair once, to do a length check. I'm afraid of heat damage, so I limit the heat.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
No, I don't. I did once, and the hair irritated my scalp so bad I took them out a week later and haven't had any since, although I really want some for Fall.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I use both, but mainly a Denman.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Thankfully I haven't! *knock on wood * :)
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Moisture!! Also, low manipulation. I notice that my hair does better when I'm not messing with it every day.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.