1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Leslie Jerome, Instagram name is neptunesquest. I am from Long Island, New York.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is 3c/4a.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I had terrible heat damage so I transitioned and big chopped on June 2014.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing about going natural for me, is preserving hairstyles. (Perm rods, braidouts etc.)
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I deep condition weekly with my homemade avocado deep condish and cowash it out, and do the LOC method and style my hair.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
My morning regimen is I remove my satin scarf/ bonnet and fluff my fro
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
My nighttime regimen if I'm wearing a Wash&Go I usually band my hair at night so I can keep my fro stretched.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
No I do not but I plan on straightening my hair for my 3 year anniversary.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes I braid my hair, I usually have a box braid protective style and I do that 3-5 times a year. Whether rotation between twists, braids,faux locks etc.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide- tooth comb. I am team finger detangling though
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Depends on the season, summer my hair is normally loose but during fall and winter I love protective styles.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes color damage and heat damage. Only way to recover is to big chop and start over.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
My biggest tips is deep condition, protective styles, and oiling your scalp and giving yourself scalp massages to promote growth.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.