1. What's your name and where are you from?
My Name is Lila Mayes and I am from Los Angeles, California.
2. What is your hair type?
I am a true 4C.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I returned to natural in January of 2013.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing has been finding products that moisturize my hair and realizing that my hair changes as it grows.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I usually wash every 2 weeks and co-wash once a week. I wear braid outs, puffs and head wraps during the week.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I spritz with water and a leave in conditioner, then decide if I want to wear an afro or a different style.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
At night, I use a curl pudding and oil and braid. I sleep in a satin bonnet.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I occasionally blow dry my hair.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I do wear braids from time to time. No more than twice a year.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I actually use a Felicia Leatherwood wide-tooth detangle brush.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is typically loose.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I have - fortunately I do not remember them.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Both body and hair.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Black Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
13/1/2015 04:30:23 am
Thank you so much! I'm honored. xo
Comments are closed.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.