1. What's your name and where are you from?
Lisa Jean-Francois. Boston, MA (Haitian-American)
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I wanted to see if I had a curl pattern.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
When I went natural (back in 98), I transitioned with heat styling my new growth. By the the time I was fully natural I didn't know what to do with my hair, and really resented it. I didn't come to fully embrace and love my hair until I cut short last winter. Now, I'm loving my fierce funky curls.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Pick out and fluff
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yup. When I want extra volume I'll lightly blow dry my hair and twist it.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I braid whenever I do a protective style, like crochet braids.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Loose, with occasional protective styles.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Just love it. From root to tip.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.