1. What's your name and where are you from?
Liss (C. Lovely) from PA.
2. What is your hair type?
Type 4 hair.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I started going natural the summer before my freshman year of college.
This was the perfect opportunity for me to start fresh, learn about myself, and start loving myself the way God created me. I wanted long healthy hair and I was so inspired by watching YouTube videos of people sharing their hair journeys. Although some people were unsupportive of my decision, I didn't care because in the long run my opinion was the only one that mattered and I was going natural regardless.
Also, I thought if I can't even love my own hair, how will I expect my future daughter to do the same...I have to set a good example:)
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
It was hard for me to be patient. I got frustrated a lot during the transitioning phase because it was hard dealing with my 2 hair textures (natural roots and permed ends). It made it difficult to detangle and challenging to style. I just wanted my hair to grow fast!
5. What is your weekly regimen?
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I don't really do anything. I just style my hair for the day if it's not already in a protective style.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Very rarely. I Straighten my hair once a year and occasionally blow dry.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes, I put in box braids once or twice a year because it's one of my favorite protective styles. It's perfect for my active lifestyle.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I love how the Denman brush brings out my curls but.....WIDE-TOOTH COMB HANDS DOWN if we are talking about detangling!
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
My hair started falling out after I got the Keratin Treatment! The stylist said the reason my hair was falling out was because I was brushing my hair too much/too hard when I was wrapping it at night...that was not the case.
I recovered by leaving her salon, getting trim and stopping the treatments altogether. I just had to be patient and wait for my hair to grow back.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
MOISTURIZE! Having moisturized hair prevents shedding and it's the secret to making detangling easier.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.