1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Lydia & I'm from Sweden.
2. What is your hair type?
I am a 4a/4b/4c.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
When me and a friend went to buy a moisturizer and it didn't do what we wanted.. The problem was that we used it the wrong way.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
To find what works for me & my hair , and not be blinded about what I find online.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Detangle at least every second day. Protective styles for at least 2 days. Loc method about 2 times/week. Spritz my hair 2-3 times/day. GHE 3 times/week & wash day mostly on Sundays.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Spritz with water or my DIY leave in conditioner depending on the condition of my hair. Oil my scalp if needed with my oil mix. I seal my ends if I'm wearing it out.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I spritz it with my leave in conditioner and then locks the moisture in with a almond/castor oil mix or Shea butter.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
No, I now have a hot air styler but I'm too afraid to get heat damage.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
If so, how often do you do so in a year? Yes, I have learned to braid myself luckily. I try to do it at least once a month. It could be twists, box braids or invisible cornrows.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide-tooth comb since I haven't tried a Denman brush yet.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
It's often in a protective style but I alternate between both.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Omg.. When I wanted to create this slick laid high bun on my natural hair for the first time so I searched for tutorials on YT. I was so happy to have found a 4c girl on there so of course I went to buy the gel she used. BUT.... It turned out into a wash n go instead and the build up and greasiness I had afterwards :'( not really a tragedy, but at that time I felt like it was one. That's the way I found out about clarifying.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
BE PATIENT! Really, like be seriously patient. During my time being natural I many times don't get the results I want, don't get the feedback that I want from people around me and the shrinkage is real but, my hair shines on its own, water is many times enough to smooth my hair, I have coils. The list can go on.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc)
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.