1. What's your name and where are you from?
I'm Mary. I'm from the DMV area, Maryland, USA.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is a 3c 4a mix of curls.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I big chopped on August 12, 2012. I went natural because I was just over relaxers and I wanted to start a "healthy hair journey" but I didn't want to do so with relaxers. I had already started "stretching" my relaxers so I figure why not just do without them all together. I made the choice and haven't looked back since.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Getting used to my natural texture was a challenge at first but I just learned to embrace it
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wash my hair every 8-10 days. I co wash and clarify once a month. I always deep condition. Rotating between treatments for moisture, protein, and elasticity. Then proceed to style with my favourite oil, and gel combo.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
In the mornings I normally fluff and go. I always smooth my edged before heading out to give my styles that extra sleek touch.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
My night time routine is super easy, I swear by my satin pillowcase it literally saves my styles!!!
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I use heat very infrequently at the most , I'll straighten twice a year.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I don't really do braids on my hair, they are a nice option but I prefer to limit my protective styles.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I personally like to finger detangle my hair. If I need a really detangled sleek look I use my modified Denman brush.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is normally loose...I love a fro!
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I thankfully haven't had any major hair tragedies!! Whew
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
My biggest tip for maintaining healthy hair is getting regular trims ..at least once every 6 months.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.