1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Milka From Kenya.
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
I had no idea what I was doing, and to make it Worse, I was in China where Facebook, YouTube are blocked sites. So I just had to struggle with it alone... (Learned the hard way)
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I Deep Condition my 4C hair once a week.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Depends with the hairstyle. Well, when I have Minitwists on, usually I will spritz some water and I’m good to go. Remember, Water is has to be your hair’s best friend It’s the best moisturizer!
If it’s not in a protective hairstyle then I will Set the hair the previous night in Twist-Outs or Bantu knots or flat-twist Basically whichever way I want Using my whipped Shea butter mixture which has (Olive oil, Castor oil, Jojoba oil , Coconut oil,) In it, Spitz some water as I set.
In the morning I will style as desired and Go…
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Mostly if my hair was set previously I will redo the style again , this time in chunks cause I just need my curl Definition to pop and the volume remain the same…
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I use heat mostly once. Sometimes Twice if I miss seeing that growth haha!
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I do braid my hair often yes, My favorite protective style however is Mini-Twists which I do myself. I have to have a protective hairstyle after 2 months so my scalp could relax.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide- tooth Comb anytime..
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Mostly it’s in a protective style. (In a month for instance 2 weeks it has to be in a protective style be it Updo or twist-outs but my Ends have to be protected.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes, After Giving Birth to my Son, My edges started thinning out just a little not much. So I decided to always be in a protective hairstyle so my hair could have a breather and recover from the thinning edges. It did work; I was always on Mini-Twists
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.