1. What's your name and where are you from?
Hi, My name is Monique, and I am from New Orleans, Louisiana.
2. What is your hair type?
I am a combination of 3c/4a.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
One day I woke up and decided to cut the remainder of my relaxed ends off. I was already rocking a short haircut, so the decision was really easy. That was over six year ago. It was one of the best decisions I ever made about my hair.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Finding the right products and styles that worked best on and for my hair. Also, learning that my journey is my journey, and that I shouldn't compare my hair journey with others.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I co-wash, and deep condition weekly. I usually set my hair in 8-10 braids, and let my hair air dry.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
In the morning, I apply a little oil to my hands, and remove the 4-5 braids. Fluff and go!
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I rebraid my hair into 4-5 braids. If my hair feels dry, I spritz with water, and apply an oil/conditioner mix.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
My hair has been professionally straightened once. I will lightly blow my hair out at least once a year to trim
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I have never worn braids or any extensions.
10 Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Both. I detangle with a wide tooth comb, and then use the Denman brush to clump my curls before braiding.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is normally loose.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I experienced some breakage once. It was located in the crown of my head. I nursed my hair back to health with weekly deep conditioning and low manipulation.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Keep it simple! Find the products that work for your hair, and stick with them. Protect your hair at night with a satin cap, bonnet, and/or pillowcase. When you hair needs a trim, TRIM!
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
You can find me here
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.