1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Nanalli, but I go by J'ai (pronounced Zhae'), which is a part of my middle name. I am a native of Houston, Texas, but I was raised in Louisiana
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is a combination of 4b and 4c.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural in June of 2011. One of my bff's, my cousin and I decided to do it together. We made a party of it. It was our "big chop" party. It was great to have their moral support.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing about going natural was wearing my hair in the TWA style. I was never the type to cut my hair in a short style, especially TWA short. It was difficult looking at myself in the mirror, but eventually I became comfortable with it. The many compliments I received was an added bonus :)
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I usually twist my hair using either Miss Jessie products or Shea Moisture. I may twist it up once or twice a week and style it in different ways.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I add oil to my hair before untwisting and styling.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
If I am not twisting it, I use think scrunchies to keep the twist definition for the next day. I part my hair down the middle and create 2 side puffs.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I seldom use heat on my hair. When I decide to blowout my hair, I use heat.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
No, I don't. The only time my hair was braided was during the TWA period.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I use both.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is normally loose. I began using Marley hair to create high buns for my easy "go to" protective style.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
No, not really. I've been lucky to not have anything drastic occur to my natural hair.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Make certain you take care of your hair and not neglect it. Keep it moisturized at all times.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.