1. What's your name and where are you from?
I'm Nandi; born and raised in Sweden with a mother from Germany and a South African father.
2. What is your hair type?
I'm not a big fan of hair typing, but I think I'm a 3b or 3c.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I've been natural most of my life; I had a short-lived experience with relaxer at the age of 18. But since I had less knowledge of how to care for my relaxed hair than my natural hair I quickly returned to my natural hair.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
I think the most challenging think about natural hair is figuring out what works for you and what doesn't. A lot if trial and error is involved in this. It's what started my blogging journey, trying to figure out my own hair and paying it forward to others.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I usually wash my hair once a week, depending on how my hair feels I'll use a cleanser or ACV and then a conditioner or deep conditioner. I usually wear a wash n go with only leave-in conditioner for the first couple of days after washing and then as the week progresses I refresh with water and leave in. As my hair frizzes up I usually do some kind of style using a gel to keep the hair in place.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
In the morning I shake my hair out, spritz with water and add leave in conditioner if needed.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Right now I just wear a pineapple or a bun to bed.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
In winter I diffuse my hair to cut down on drying time. The last time I flat ironed my hair was in the spring of 2013, I usually don't flat iron my hair more than once a year.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I did wear Marley braids twice this year, but I don't really wear hair extensions regularly.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Over the last year I've worn my hair out a lot and love it!
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Can't think if anything... Nope.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Don't stress about length! Focus on healthy hair and it will grow.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.