1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Nimi Aworinde. I'm a medical student, cake lover, and natural hair blogger. I am from Lagos, Nigeria.
2. What is your hair type?
I have mostly 4c hair and a bit of 4a hair at the back. My strands are thick and my hair is super full.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural in 2013 after watching some natural hair styling tutoriasl. I tried them out on my relaxed hair and was very upset because it wasn't as beautiful on relaxed hair. I ended up big chopping without transitioning.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing for me is the shrinkage and all the tangling that comes with it.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
My hair lives mostly in protective styles, but when it's out I deep condition weekly, and shampoo fortnightly.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I simply refresh my curls with my moisturizer or leave in conditioner.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I use the LOC method at night. I spray with water, and then lock the moisture in with coconut oil and either my leave in or organic shea butter. Sometimes I leave the oil out, because I don't want my hair to get too oily. So most times it's the LC method for me. :). I never forget to sleep with my satin scarf.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes, I blow dry my hair whenever I don't have time to stretch it without heat.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
My hair is almost always braided. It's braided for most of the year.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is hardly ever loose. I'm trying to grow long hair and studies can be tasking, so for now I'm a protective style freak. However, I don't neglect my hair while in protective styles.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
When I first went natural I was as clueless as could be. I used to wash my hair with bathing soap because I didn't realise I needed to care for short hair just the same way I cared for long hair, so my tiny hair then was breaking like crazy. All the breakage ended when I started to use shampoo and deep conditioner.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Moisturize! And deep condition! And sleep with a satin scarf or pillow! Just show your hair love.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.