1. What's your name and where are you from?
My Name is Romance C.(Hey Curlie) From Cleveland, Ohio
2. What is your hair type?
I have a mix. I am 4B in the nap and 4A in my crown
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I began my journey on November 1, 2011.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging part was negative comments from others.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wash on Sunday using the LCO Method. Leave-in,, Cream, Oil when styling.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Apply oil, shake, fluff anf go.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I apply oil if needed and Pineapple my hair.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I may use a blow dryer or hooded dryer but I have not straightened my hair with a flat iron since August of 2014.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Last time I braided my hair was in 2011. I don’t braid often due to the tension.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I love the Denman Brush. It glides through my hair with ease.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I wear my hair loose or in a twist out/rod sets
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I experienced one tragedy before I big chopped, I transitioned wearing protective style and my hair matted during the cleansing process. I ultimately big chopped and never looked back.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
I recommend low maintenance styles such as twist-outs/ rod sets.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.