1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Samantha. I'm 33 and I'm from Columbia, S.C.
2. What is your hair type?
I believe my hair falls into the 4b/c category.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I have been natural all my life. My parents wouldn't let me get a relaxer growing up so I had to go without one.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing was staying natural because at times I felt pressured to get one just so I could fit in like everyone else.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wash my hair every two to three weeks, then style my hair in two strand twists. I wear those for about two weeks, then do the whole process over again.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
After I wake up I usually pin my twist up or if they are old and fuzzy I will wear a beanie or a scarf to cover it up.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I usually moisturize my hair about twice a week before bedtime then I will cover my hair with a satin bonnet or scarf.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I only use heat when I need my hair trimmed. I will do a light blow out.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I don't wear braids too much. I mainly wear two strand twists.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I use a wide-tooth comb, but I like to finger detangle also.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I usually wear twists, but I will wear my hair loose for a couple of days...mainly when its close to a wash day.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I burnt two big sections of my hair with a hot comb. I was trying to straighten my hair and the comb was way too hot. I ended up cutting my hair to about ear length because of that.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Keeping your ends trimmed. It really helps with the health of your hair.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
You can find me on
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.