1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Saudia. I am from Southern California but currently resided in Virginia.
2. What is your hair type?
3c/4a with a little 4c. It’s possible to have all three one head Queens. Lol
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I did three big chops: August 2011 -1st, May 2012 – 2nd...
July 2014 – 3rd – I had a lot of heat damage so I chop it off for the last time. I RETURNED natural when my family and I decided to live a health-conscious life style. Plus, I was over not knowing what I really looked like naturally.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Transitioning was the most challenging for me; It was difficult learning how to manage my natural and processed hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Shampoo, deep condition, mask, detangle and moisturize. I do twist outs or flexi –rod sets on my hair throughout the week.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Protective style, I moisturize my braids/ scalp, and go. Twist outs, I fluff and go.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Protective styles, I wear my satin bonnet. Loose styles I pineapple my hair and sleep on my satin pillowcase.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
No, to flat irons. Yes, to my hooded dryer for steam treatments.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes. 2 or 3 times a year.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I prefer the denman brush.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is normally loose. (twist out, flexi-rod set)
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes. I went to a licensed Cosmetologist who claimed he ‘Specialized in Natural Hair'. I requested a simple service. Shampoo, deep condition w/ a trim. I had been taking hairfinity and had about 6 mths of growth. Lets just say I left the shop with a razor hair cut and he cut about 3 ½ inches of hair off my head. I was heart broken!
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Focus on just that, healthy hair, versus focusing on styling so much. Drinking plenty of Water and remember patients is key.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.