1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Shana (aka Naturally SHE) and I am from North Carolina by way of Jersey.
2. What is your hair type?
I am a 3c
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I big chopped on October 18, 2014. My mother has been encouraging me for years to stop getting perms and I just wasn't ready. My sister went natural and I seen her growth and was intrigued so I decided to just chop it off.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Thinking about what I was going to do with my hair and what my boyfriend was going to think. (I did it without telling him first :)
5. What is your weekly regimen?
My wash day is on Sundays. I wash my hair with shampoo, then I oil rinse with Coconut Oil, then apply my Deep Conditioner and style to last for 3 days then co-wash and style again until Wash Day.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Undo my twists or Pineapple and spray on water mixed with leave-in conditioner, fluff and go!
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Apply a little coconut oil and hair milk and twist or braid my hair
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Hardly ever! Only when I diffuse. When I diffuse I use it on low warm then low cool. One day I would like to straighten my hair.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
If braid outs count, then I do those pretty often. Any other types of braids I don't do at all. Not to say I may not do it one day.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide Tooth Comb
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Normally loose. I may try to incorporate more protective styles in the winter. I just love my hair too much!! :)
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I haven't had one so far in these 1 1/2 years but I did style my hair one morning, hated it so I rushed to rewash it and wore it in a bun to make it to work on time :) lol
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
It's hard to give one tip. Hmmmm... I would say keeping your hair moisturized all the time. Dry hair causes breakage and split ends.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.