1. What's your name and where are you from?
Shawn Clarke, Maryland, USA.
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I completely bald big chopped on July 17th 2012.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Family members' opinions.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Pre-poo with oil mix (castor oil, lavender oil & lemongrass oil), shampoo, deep condition (30min to 1 hr), leave-in conditioner, coconut oil or argan oil then apply styler and two-strand twist
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
If still in twists, I spritz with water and re-apply coconut oil to freshen the twists and place in an updo .
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Spritz with water and apply a moisturizing product (ex: Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie) and place hair in pineapple
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes, maybe twice a year.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
No, not professionally braided with added hair
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes! Once, I straightened my hair and I noticed my curl pattern a little looser on ends. I deep conditioned and cut the ends.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Moisture, moisture, moisture and sealing it! Even if you wear your hair in a protective style or loose...spritz hair with water or whatever mix that has worked on "your" hair!
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.