1. What's your name and where are you from?
I'm Shawnta and I'm from Louisville, Kentucky, USA
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is 3B
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went back natural in 2012 it was the best thing I could've done! I went back to being natural because my relaxed hair was becoming extremely thin and damaged.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Having patience. Natural hair takes a lot of time and dedication.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
My weekly regimens varies. But I always use the same techniques which is finger detangling, deep conditioning,co wash, style
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
In the morning I moisturize with water and Rosemary essential oil.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I pineapple my hair at night and sleep on a satin pillow case.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I haven't used heat in 2 years.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I do braid-outs but not a lot of braided styles
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Normally I wear my hair loose but I use protective style at times too.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Never. When I got the natural thing down, I was determined that I was not going to mess anything up lol!
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
My biggest tip is to moisturize!
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.