1. What's your name and where are you from?
I'm Shicann Phillips, From New Orleans, LA but live in Atlanta, GA
2. What is your hair type?
4a and 4b
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I began going natural 3 years ago, I transitioned for 18 months and did the big chop on November 1, 2012. I had been contemplating it for a while, but one day I sat in the mirror after my beautician had permed my hair and I noticed that it was thinning out and it wasn’t what it used to be. So, at that moment I decided that it was enough. I also, got my daughter to do it as well and she did the big chop and has been rocking it.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The in-between stage, when I didn’t know what to do with it, it was kind of depressing.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I deep condition weekly, I either do greek yogurt, Shea Moisture deep masque or banana and olive oil
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I spritz it with distilled water and various oils.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I usually have a twist out, I just spray with water and oil. Water seems to keep my hair moisturized
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I used it one time last year when I cut all the perm off and it damaged my hair so I didn’t do it again.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
No, not at all. I love my wild natural hair.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Heat damage in certain areas. It was devastating. I cut it until it was all gone.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Moisture, moisture, moisture and keep your ends trimmed/dusted
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc)
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.