1. What's your name and where are you from?
Sonique Saturday. I was born in Culver City, CA and raised in Atlanta, GA. I now live back in Los Angeles, CA.
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I got my first perm at the age of 18 and my hair stayed healthy but every time I had new growth I always ended up liking that texture more than my permed hair texture so I grew my perm out to go natural.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I honestly had been doing a twist out for a while and I do that maybe once every two weeks
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I wake up and rubs both of my hands all over my head like a little boy haha.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I usually like to clip the hair behind my ears to the top of my head since I sleep on the sides of my face
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes, I use heat when I curl wand and straighten my hair... other than that no.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
No I don't
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
My hair likes to eat combs so i use brushes
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I'm a free child so it's usually loose
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Of course! I usually end those problems with soaking my hair head in water and wearing a high bun. If I can't do that I'll tie all of my hair in a scarf piled up on top of my forehead
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
leave it alone, my hair doesn't like to be pulled into a complete different style everyday. the less i bother it, the thicker and long it becomes.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.