1. What's your name and where are you from?
Soraya Bonostro, from Brooklyn New York.
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I fully went natural about two years ago. My main reason for doing it was to just come back to my true identity. I was teaching myself to be comfortable with whom I was.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Relearning what I thought I had forgotten how to love my hair patiently and allow it to grow at its own pace.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Apple cider vinegar (clean away build up)
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Mist hair with water
Seal it with coconut oil
Eco styler gel depending on the hairstyle of the day
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Mist hair with water
Leave in conditioner (Cantu Shea leave in Repair)
6 Big twist or 6 big braids
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes, I do use heat but not too frequently.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes, I do braid my hair when I am doing protective styles. Therefore, you can say as often everyday because with or without the protective style I like to keep my hair hydrated and moisturized. I find that when it is in braids it locks all the goodness in.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide-tooth comb always! That is my lifesaver.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I can actually say I do both; I try not to leave my protective styles in for too long. So, I find the balance no doing one or the other for too long.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Hair tragedy, no, but I have caused a lot of damage to my hair by experimenting with bleach/color.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Ladies and Gentlemen, please hydrate your beautiful hair. Do not me afraid to get that spray bottle, add a little conditioner in there, and spray away.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.