1. What's your name and where are you from?
SunShine Malone from St. Louis, MO.
2. What is your hair type?
3c/4a or Kinky Curly Coily hair :)
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I've been natural almost all my life. I try my best to live a healthy lifestyle both inside and out.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
I haven't had any challenges.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I co~wash when needed. I'm a deep conditioning junky and love to use my steamer.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I typically add moisture to my hair if needed and add grapeseed oil to minimize the frizz.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I usually re-twist my hair to preserve the curl adding a moisturizer if needed.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I just used heat on my hair for the first time in 6 years. My curls bounced back.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I do not braid my hair because it's so fine. I never want to experience breakage.
10 Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
It's normally loose.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
When I was transitioning to no heat I had a sew in and left a portion out to straighten. Let's just say I got heat damage and needed to start all over again with that section. As it grew out I clipped a little at a time.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Always listen to your hair by touching it. If it feels crunchy or hard you need water, possibly a deep condition and hot oil treatment. Always tie your hair up at night.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.