1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Suzanne and I am from Toronto, Canada.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair tips is 4a
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural on July 20th 2012. I went natural because I was tired of perming my hair I got burns with every perm then a coworker of mine showed me a YouTube video, when I saw how thick and healthy that young lady hair was I was hooked.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing was getting used to such short hair and making myself look feminine.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Weekly regimen consist of a deep conditioning treatment of some type and a low manipulation style.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I do not touch my hair for 7 days at a time so daily I just make sure my hair is neat before I head out.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
At night I use my satin scarf and or bonnet.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I have blow dried my hair once in 2.5 years to get a trim and that was it. I am not ready to use heat as yet.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes. Once so far.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I am not sure it's a tragedy , but I would say yes. Back in March 2014 I gave birth to a son and in July my edges fell out completely, it was heart breaking. I am working on growing it back with TLC.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Get into a routine and learn what works for your hair and what doesn't.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.