1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Tawona and I’m from California.
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I've been natural for 8 years. I decided to go natural to see what my natural hair was like and what I could do with it.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Wash day! It’s a long process but definitely worth it.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I co-wash, deep condition then style my hair for the week.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
It’s very simple, I spritz with a curl refresher and fluff then go.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
If I’m wearing a twist out I re-twist my hair then put on my satin cap. If I’m wearing a wash n go then I just throw on my satin cap.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
No, I stopped using heat almost 3 years ago.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
No, I do not braid my hair.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Both. I use a wide-tooth comb when detangling and I use my Denman brush when styling to be sure my hair is smooth when doing twists and braid outs.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes!! Several years ago I let someone dye my hair and they left it on too long and my hair broke off. I recovered by doing protective styles until my hair grew back.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Keep your hair moisturized! Dry hair breaks. The L.O.C method works great.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Comments are closed.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.