1. What's your name and where are you from?
Tricia Montaque from West Palm Beach, Florida.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type in 4C kinky.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I big chopped on 24-Feb-13. I was going through a lot and just wanted something different so I went for it. In addition, the weekend before I had seen a lot of girl rocking curls which is what convinced me that I could do it.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing is learning to take care of your hair all over again since it now requires more moisture and work.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wouldn’t say I have a weekly regimen but I make sure to keep my hair moisturized. When I wash it, I make sure I seal it to help retain moisture.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I usually just spray my hair with curl refresher or braid spray and some oil if needed.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
At night time I use a heavier moisturizer to moisturize my hair. If i'm wearing it out I will braid or twist it to keep my length or section it, then throw a silk sleeping cap on.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I rarely use heat on my hair. I’ve had my hair straightened once. The only other time I use heat is at the hair dresser's when I go under for my deep condition. Outside of that I keep heat away from my hair.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I braid my hair maybe once a month without extensions.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I use a wide-tooth comb.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
It’s a mixture. I usually wear my hair in twists or braids for a week or two then wear it as a twist out.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Well, my hair started to lock when I had comb coils in after only a week. Thought I was going to cute some section. After drenching my hair with a detangler I was able to get then completely loose then did a deep treatment.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
To maintain healthy hair you have to make sure you keep your hair moisturized. Without moisture your hair is bound to have breakage issues.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.