1. What's your name and where are you from?
Troy - Atlanta, GA
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
19 years ago. I was horrible at keeping up with perms so I stopped all together.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The in between stage when I went a year without a perm. I kept it in a ponytail for months. I solved the problem by chopping it all off to a twa.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
None. My locs are pretty low maintenance. I spritz with a mixture of oil and water when I remember.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I don’t have one.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I don’t have one.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I use a bonnet hair dryer occasionally. When my hair was longer it was necessary or my hair would take a full day to dry.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Loose. When I wash my hair, I let it dry in bantu knots. It usually stays curled until the next wash.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I’m currently experiencing a bit of a hair tragedy as my purple highlights are fading leaving me with lots of blondish and white pieces because the loc is bleached. As you can read, I’m pretty low maintenance with hair so it’s a struggle to keep up on my color.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Less is more. My locs were waist length before I cut them and I attribute that to just letting it grow. Shampoo and conditioner and oil. Very few products used over the years.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.