1. What's your name and where are you from?
Turkesha McIvy I'm from Savannah, Georgia but I reside in Fayetteville, Georgia
2. What is your hair type?
4B & 4C
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I wanted to retain the healthy hair that I once had before I relaxed my hair.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
At first I thought that it was when my hair was shorter but its at that in between stage. The shoulder length and with my hair type SHRINKAGE is not my friend so its challenging for me. I think it would be easier if I cut it short again.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I co-wash my hair twice a week and coat with the Jamaican Mango & Lime Alma Castor Oil and then I sometimes wear a twist out ponytail but for the most part I mainly wear protective styles like Faux Buns and Tree Braids. I also deep condition once a month when I am not wearing my tree braids.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I moisturize my scalp with a lavender oil spritz that I make for the kids and I.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I spray my hair with my lavender oil spritz and cover my hair with a satin cap. I also sleep with a satin pillow case on my pillow. This protects my hair when I wear my afro puffs and two strand twist.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Rarely. I get a blow out every two years for a week.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes. I wear tree braids for the majority of the year.
10 Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I use a wide tooth comb. I don't like Denman brushes on my hair.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Both! The last year I wore more protective styles to retain length.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Ensuring that your ends are clipped, moisturizing your hair and deep conditioning.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.