1. What's your name and where are you from?
Tyana Copeland AKA MzTyana on Youtube. Jacksonville Florida
2. What is your hair type?
I have all of the 4’s
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I began my natural journey May 14, 2012. It was spiritual.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The big chop process. I absolutely hated my short hair. I didn’t start to enjoy it until 9mths.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Co-wash every week, condition, leave-in, oil and styler
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Depends on the style, mostly a puff for everyday use, maybe oil it every other day
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Retwist or plait, sometimes I use a refresher or styler if needed.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes, I blow dry sometimes.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes, lately I've been wearing a protective style, braids with crochet.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Both, which ever one I get to first.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I'm a loose style kind of girl, even though lately I've been doing protective styling.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
How did you recover from it? Only when I was relaxed, maybe a bad weave or relaxer didn’t take.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Moisture and keeping the ends trimmed.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.