1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Victoria and I am from Cleveland, Ohio but currently reside in Indianapolis
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is mostly 4a with a tiny bit of 4b
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural almost 4 years ago (time is flying!) and I did so because for a couple of reasons. I am really into healthy and natural living and once I discovered the horrible ingredients found in relaxers I knew I wanted to return back natural. I also was simply curious about my natural texture. I hadn’t seen it since I was a very small child.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Dealing with the two textures was my issue. Although I had researched in the beginning, I still was doing a lot of things wrong as far as being gentle and the basics of handling hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wash my hair every 7-10 days depending on my workload. I wear protective styles most of the time. I usually deep condition with every wash and also apply cassia treatments every now and then.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Over the years I've gotten a lot simpler with my routine. I normally take off my headscarf and spray a leave in conditioner on before leaving the house.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
If I have a style that requires sleek edges, I’ll apply a little product then tie on my scarf. In addition I do spray on my leave in conditioner and apply an oil to seal every few days.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes I do. I blow dry my hair on using the tension method about every 3-5 months. This usually happens when I install mini twists.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I haven’t had my hair braided (outside of chunky braids for a braidout) in over 2 years.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I normally use a wide-toothed comb to detangle. I only pull out the Denman brush if my hair is extremely tangled.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
About 80 percent in protective styles and the other 20 percent loose. I love mini twists, twistouts and braidouts.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Actually…I haven’t. (Praise Jesus!)
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Moisture is key! Whether you do that by moisturizing and sealing often, deep conditioning, prepooing or steaming.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
You can find me at ClassyCurlies.com. Also via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest)
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.