1. What's your name and where are you from?
Vivian Jackson – Phoenix, Arizona, USA.
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I shaved my head in April 2010. I wanted to begin living a healthier lifestyle overall. Transitioning to becoming a natural, in my opinion, would be the easiest step.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
How time consuming it is. Wash day is literally a half a day process.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
A wash my hair with conditioner (cowash), deep condition and then twist my hair.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I check my hair for dryness. I do the L.C.O (liquid, cream and oil) method to moisturize my hair.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I pin my hair away and wear a satin bonnet to bed.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes but I limit heat usage. I only flat iron twice a year and always use the blow dryer on low heat.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I use a wide tooth comb but I mostly finger detangle my hair.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I wear my hair in low maintenance styles 75% of the time. I wear protective styles 3-4 months out of the year.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Not yet. [...Heather comment: hopefully you never will!]
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Moisturize your hair. Our hair is more prone to dryness in its natural state. Learn how to properly layer your products to slow down the evaporation process.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Black Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.